Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Freeze that food!

With the Birth of Vincent coming up rather quick, I decided it would be a great idea to make a freeze some meals.  So the first thing I did was shop what I already had in my pantry and freezer.  I wanted to make sure I was not only keeping my self from buying things I already have in my pantry, also to make sure I had enough room in my freezer.  I then made a menu for the first week of Vincent being home, keeping in mind that the meals would be frozen, thawed out and reheated or cooked then.  After I made my tentative menu, I got online and did my research.  I looked up recipes, tips, rules of freezing foods, etc.  Boy there was quite a bit of information! (got to love the age of tech.) I then revamped my menu, to incorporate meals that froze well, would thaw and cook well and would be the easiest to make with just alittle bit of add ons.  What I came up with was, chilli, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, taco meat, cheesy chicken casserole, meatloaf, and meatball sandwiches.  I then made a list of all that is to be and was made.  I did this in 3 columns.  The first column is the part that is frozen.  Second one are the things that have to be made to complete the meal (like spaghetti noodles with the sauce) and the third column are the sides or add ons. (like garlic bread, taco fixings, buns etc.)  I placed this list on the refrigerator, so that it was in close eye shot.  I then began making my freezer meals, so far I have the chilli, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce and taco meat done... Think I will finish the rest of the cooking and freezing this weekend.  Any more freezing ideas, or your favorites, please feel free to comment and let me know!!


(p.s.  on a side note, I have not forgotten about picture of my organization of vincents things project, I am actually almost done with it, unfortunately, my memory card for my phone has taken a vaca, so need to get another one, Have a wonderful day!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment